Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Divine Encounters

It's been awhile since I have asked God for a divine encounter. Recently my heart has been stirred that I need to ask God for someone with which to share Jesus. I have gotten so "professional" in my Christianity, that I have forgotten its about being in relationship and abiding in the vine and seeking and saving the lost on a personal as well as professional level.

In study this morning for a Bible study I will lead on Sunday, I came across these words from Ray Stedman, "There is an excitement that comes into our lives when we really, genuinely put the affairs of God first, and do not even bother to think about the provision of our own needs. This is why God says, "Now is the accepted time. Today is the day."

I want that to be me today. I want to genuinely put the affairs of God first! So, God, I'm asking for a divine encounter, for eyes and a heart to see it, and for boldness to be available for that encounter.

I'll let you know what happens tomorrow!

How long has it been since you prayed for a divine encounter?

No comments: