Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Prawlking

Having renewed my life plan, I have committed myself to exercising and praying more. This morning I was able to prawlk (prayer walk) 2.7 miles. At first I could only walk and my only prayer was, Lord, help me get home. Now I am finding that I can seek God's face and favor while walking.

I'm finding that Paul Cardall on Pandora radio is really conducive to distraction free meditation. And being ADD ("Dear Lord, oh there goes a bird, hmm look at that flower, wonder what the 49ers are going to do") I need all the help I can get.

This morning I was actually able to jog about 1/3 of the way. Prayer during that time reduced to "Lord help me not to die here", but am looking forward to "Progging" (prayer/jogging) with more than a survival prayer.

I believe that exercise is part of God's plan for my life. It may not be the thing I look forward to the most, but I long to grasp His highest purpose for my life and I know I cannot do that without exercise. So, I obey trusting that God is doing His good work in my life.

No comments: